Work as a Food Service Technician While Your Kids Are in School
We need dependable, hard working people to work as Full Time Food Service Technicians in our school cafeterias in Jefferson and Orleans Parishes, the West Bank, the North Shore, the River Parishes and the Houma/Thibodaux area.
New Food Service Technicians will be employed in our entry level positions as Roving Subs. They will work full time, 7 hours daily (35 hours weekly), or, at a minimum for full time, 6 hours daily (30 hours weekly). The starting pay rate is $11.00 per hour. They will be eligible for full benefits, including 90% paid health insurance, vision and dental insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance and retirement/401K after one month of full time employment. Roving Substitutes shall be assigned at designated schools and will be required to travel on a regular basis to other schools in their areas to fill-in for absent workers.
To be considered for these positions, applicants may apply via this website or call the School Food and Nutrition Job Hotline at (504)227-3442. Walk-ins or calls to any other telephone numbers will not be accepted.
Successful candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Must have an acceptable criminal background check and drug screen
- Must have automobile at work entire work day, a valid LA driver’s license and meet all Archdiocesan driving requirements to be hired into a full-time Roving Sub position.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to perform physical tasks such as mop, sweep and clean the kitchen, dining room, equipment and utensils.
- Must be able to stand for 4 hours without a break
- Must arrive on time and work Monday – Friday and complete scheduled shift.
- Preferred shifts are 6:30 am-2:00 pm or 7:00 am-2:30 pm (a minimal shift of 7:30 am-2:00 pm is required for full-time employment)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Must be able to do basic math and measurements associated with cooking
- Must be able to handle raw foods, including raw meat, poultry and fish
- Must be willing to comply with all uniform and dress code requirements
- Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals
- Must present a neat, clean appearance
- Must be able to withstand environmental extremes of heat and cold
- Must be able to work at a very fast pace in a physically demanding job
*If you have an issue submitting this application, Click the link below to download the latest version of Google Chrome.